On 1 March 2004 Richard Desmond's company Northern and Shell sold a package of 45 titles, for about £20m, to Remnant Media in order to help reshape Desmond's image as part of his strategy to bid for The Daily Telegraph.
The company's most famous title was Asian Babes magazine. Other magazines published under its Fantasy Publications brand included Readers Wives, Horny Housewives, Mega Boobs, Mothers-in-Law, Big Ones, Just 18 and 60 Plus.
- " Desmond breaks links with porn as he fights for 'Telegraph'", Andrew Clennell, The Independent, 2 March 2004
- "Bank apologises for porn funding", BBC News, 22 March 2004
- Bowers, Simon (12 February 2008). "Flotation for porn publisher". Guardian Online. Retrieved 21 May 2008.
- Luft, Oliver (7 June 2010). "Scarlet magazine closes after distributor goes into admin". Press Gazette - The Wire. Archived from the original on 25 February 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Trojan Publishing Limited". Open Corporates. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
Company number: 05841474. Incorporation date 8 June 2006. Dissolution date 8 May 2013.
- "SMD Publishing Limited". Open Corporates. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
Company number: 05646460. Incorporation date 6 December 2005. Dissolution date 22 July 2010.
- Parker, Robin (31 October 2006). "SMD to fold monthly film title Hotdog". Media Week. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
SMD, a start-up offshoot of adult magazine publisher Remnant Media...
|This article about a publishing company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This pornographic magazine or journal–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.