Air Creebec

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Air Creebec
Air Creebec new logo.png
C-GUXF at YUL.jpg
IATA ICAO Callsign
YN[1] CRQ[1] CREE
Founded1982
AOC #8982[2]
HubsVal-d'Or Airport
Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Waskaganish Airport
Secondary hubsTimmins/Victor M. Power Airport
Frequent-flyer programAeroplan
Fleet size18,[3] 19[4]
Destinations16[5]
Parent companyCree Regional Economic Enterprises Company Inc. (CREECO)
HeadquartersVal-d'Or, Quebec
Key peopleMatthew Happyjack (President)
Websitewww.aircreebec.ca
Air Creebec Dash-8-102 C-FCSK
Air Creebec HS 748 C-FPJR

Air Creebec Inc. is a regional airline based in Val-d'Or, Quebec, Canada.[6] It operates scheduled and charter services to 16[5] destinations in Quebec and Ontario. Its main base is Val-d'Or Airport, with a hub at Timmins/Victor M. Power Airport.[7]

History[edit]

Old logo

The airline was established in June 1982 and started operations on 1 July 1982. At that time the Cree owned 51% of the company and Austin Airways owned the remaining 49%. In 1988 the Cree purchased all the airline assets in the largest commercial deal to that date performed by any aboriginal group in Canada, making Air Creebec owned entirely by the Cree.[8]

On 23 March 2012, Air Creebec discontinued its service to La Grande Rivière Airport.[9]

Destinations[edit]

Air Creebec operates services to the following Canadian domestic scheduled destinations (as of August 2019):[5]

Province Community IATA ICAO Airport
Ontario Attawapiskat First Nation YAT CYAT Attawapiskat Airport
Ontario Fort Albany First Nation YFA CYFA Fort Albany Airport
Ontario Kashechewan First Nation ZKE CZKE Kashechewan Airport
Ontario Moosonee YMO CYMO Moosonee Airport
Ontario Peawanuck YPO CYPO Peawanuck Airport
Ontario Timmins YTS CYTS Timmins/Victor M. Power Airport
Quebec Chibougamau YMT CYMT Chibougamau/Chapais Airport
Quebec Chisasibi YKU CSU2 Chisasibi Airport
Quebec Eastmain ZEM CZEM Eastmain River Airport
Quebec Kuujjuarapik YGW CYGW Kuujjuarapik Airport
Quebec Montreal YUL CYUL Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Quebec Nemaska YNS CYHH Nemiscau Airport
Quebec Rouyn-Noranda YUY CYUY Rouyn-Noranda Airport
Quebec Val-d'Or YVO CYVO Val-d'Or Airport
Quebec Waskaganish YKQ CYKQ Waskaganish Airport
Quebec Wemindji YNC CYNC Wemindji Airport

Fleet[edit]

As of May 2021 Transport Canada listed 19 aircraft and Air Creebec listed 18[4][3]

Canadian North fleet
Aircraft No. of aircraft
TC)
No. of aircraft
(CRQ)
Variants Notes
de Havilland Canada Dash 8 16 16 Series 100, Series 300 14 Series 100 carrying 29 or 37 passengers and two Series 300 carrying 50
Hawker Siddeley HS 748 3 2 748 Series 2A Cargo only
Total 19 18

Affinity programs[edit]

The airline offers Aeroplan rewards points, both to collect and to redeem.

See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b The Airline Codes
  2. ^ Transport Canada (28 August 2019), Civil Aviation Services (CAS) AOC. wwwapps.tc.gc.ca.
  3. ^ a b Fleet
  4. ^ a b "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Air Creebec". Transport Canada. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
  5. ^ a b c "Air Creebec Destinations". Archived from the original on 19 April 2019. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
  6. ^ Contact Us Archived 19 July 2012 at archive.today. Air Crebeec. Retrieved on 29 June 2010. "101, 7th Street Val-d'Or, Quebec J9P 4P4" Address in French: "101, 7e Rue Val-d'Or (Québec) J9P 4P4"
  7. ^ "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 27 March 2007. p. 55.
  8. ^ From Yesterday to Today
  9. ^ "Discontunuance of a domestic services to La Grande (press release)". Air Creebec Inc. 15 March 2012. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2012.

External links[edit]