|WikiProject Anthroponymy||(Rated List-class)|
Removed invalid and unsupported statement
"Most people believe that the extra z in the name comes from russian influence, due to the fact that there is no anglo sounding z sound in russian but instead a "tz"." - No, this statement makes unsupported and unsupportable assertions (and is poor English, with poor spelling, and poor reasoning)!
- "Most people" do not think this at all! Where's your survey?
- What do you mean by an "extra z"?? There's only one "z". There isn't an "extra" one! Or do you mean it's extraneous? Not essential? Shouldn't be there? Unwanted? Unneeded?
- What, for instance, is meant by "anglo sounding z sound"? I presume by "anglo" (sloppy terminology) you mean "English" as in English language (English phonology)? Yes, there is a z sound (as in zoo) in Russian, and a "ts" sound (represented by a single letter in the Russian alphabet).
I can see the point of a disambig page where there are people who share the same forename and surname, but what is so special about this name in particular that requires the creation of a disambiguation page? There are alternative spellings for many other names (look at any telephone directory, for instance!), not just for those from the traditional stock of English names but also for those that have been taken over from other languages and cultural backgrounds. Unless wiki is going to develop into a dictionary of surnames - and I don't -think- that that is its aim - this entry seems pointless. Eilthireach 21:36, 25 May 2005 (UTC)
- It seems reasonable that someone searching for one of the various Schwarzes might type in "Schwarz" without knowing the first name. Perhaps it would make sense to organize the list by category, i.e. art, math, science, politics... I think we should check similar pages and see what is done, also. --Eliyak 21:01, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
- Heh, didn't notice the date was from a year ago. In that case, I guess I'll just do as I please. --Eliyak 21:25, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
I'm removing the cleanup tag, on a page like this I don't see what cleanup can really do. It probably needs to be completely refigured to be in line with other surname pages.--killing sparrows 06:11, 18 April 2007 (UTC)