Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up folktale in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A folktale or folk tale is a folklore genre that typically consists of a story passed down from generation to generation orally.
Folktale and may also refer to:
Categories of stories
- Folkloric tale from oral tradition
- Fable (written form of the above)
- Fairy tales
- Folklore in general
- Old wives' tale
- Aarne–Thompson classification systems classify the various themes and motifs that recur through folktales in different cultures
- A Folk Tale, an 1854 ballet by Danish choreographer August Bournonville
- Folk Tale (album), a 2011 album by Christy Moore
- Folktales (album), a 2000 studio album by the band The Big Wu
- Hungarian Folktales (TV series), a Hungarian animated series based on Hungarian folk tales
- Folktales, a nationally syndicated folk music radio show in the United States produced by WBOI
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Folktale.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.