|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Museums.|
A museum is a building or institution which houses and cares for a collection of artifacts and other objects of scientific, artistic, or historical importance and makes them available for public viewing through exhibits that may be permanent or temporary.
Modern museums concentrate on a particular subject or field, such as fine arts, applied arts, archaeology, anthropology, ethnology, history, cultural history, natural history, science and/or technology. Some specialize further, such as museums of modern art, local history, aviation history, agriculture, geology, etc.
This category has the following 29 subcategories, out of 29 total.
- ► Lists of museums (4 C, 26 P)
- ► Art museums and galleries (30 C, 2 P)
- ► Fictional museums (14 P)
- ► History of museums (4 C, 24 P)
- ► Museum organizations (6 C, 75 P)
- ► Museum stubs (11 C, 61 P)
- ► Wikipedia categories named after museums (187 C)