Tianjin University of Technology
Motto in English
|Focusing on Morals and Capability, Pursuing Truth and Innovation|
|President||Jing Hongyang (荆洪陽）|
Tianjin University of Technology (simplified Chinese: 天津理工大学; pinyin: Tiānjīn lǐgōng dàxué) is a university in Tianjin, China under the municipal government. It is a public university approved by the State Council in 1981. As an engineering based multi-discipline university, it now has over 16,000 students, 988 teaching faculty and offers 45 Bachelor programs and 39 Master programs in areas such as science, engineering, humanities and management on 2 campuses.
Technical College for the Deaf
Technical College for the Deaf (TUID, Chinese: 聋人工学院; pinyin: lóng rén gōng xué yuàn), Tianjin University of Technology, a principal member of PEN-International, is thus far the only college of its kind in China, and one of the most famous technical colleges for the deaf in the world. It has good cooperative relations with other technical colleges for the deaf in the world, such as National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID), Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) in the United States, and National University Corporation Tsukuba University of Technology (NTUT) in Japan.
In its history of fifteen years, over 300 students have entered the society as teachers, architects, public officials in federations of the disabled, and internet management. In recent years, all of the college's graduates have found employment. In May, 2006, its course of computer science & technology was awarded the title of Distinguished Major.
College of International Education
The College of International Education (CIE) at Tianjin University of Technology (TUT) is a school established especially for recruiting international students who want to study abroad in China. CIE offers programs in intensive Chinese language study (long-term, short-term, summer, winter courses) and degree programs in various fields of language, science, engineering, management, literature, art and law.
Apart from the courses for the Chinese language programs and degree programs, international students may also choose to take elective courses, such as Kung Fu / Wu Shu (Chinese martial arts), Chinese cooking, Chinese painting, Chinese calligraphy, traditional Chinese musical instrument playing, Chinese folk arts (paper cutting, carving), Beijing opera, etc., and take rewarding tours throughout China to experience the unique Chinese culture. So far, international students from more than 40 countries have come to study at TUT and we have productive cooperation with universities and educational institutions in many countries.
The International College of Business & Technology offers the following bachelor's degree programs:
Business Administration (in cooperation with Thompson Rivers University, Canada)
In 2018, Punjab Tianjin University of Technology was established with collaboration.
- "学校简介 (Chinese)". Tianjin U. Tech. Archived from the original on 2014-07-09. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Brief Introduction of Tianjin University of Technology". Tianjin U. Tech. Archived from the original on 2014-08-19. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-06-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-06-07. Retrieved 2014-02-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2012-06-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-14. Retrieved 2012-01-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-25. Retrieved 2012-06-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)