Olof Ekström, Uppsala, Sweden.
Olof till svenska Wikipedia, sv.wikipedia.org, arbete väntar! Dan Koehl
- Well, Dan was quite successful. I write very little in the English wikipedia nowadays, but quite a lot more on the Swedish. My edits here are now almost exclusively minor things and sv: links. The biggest reason, perhaps, is that there is so much to do on the Swedish side, and so many wonderful, fantastic articles are already written here, by all the fantastic wikipedians! I'm still here in some fashion, and I'm very proud of my minor contributions and of being part of this great thing.
Embarking on a career as a Wiki contributor... haha, maybe, we'll see. Looking forward to contribute to some of my interests, which include European history before 1000 AD, paleoanthropology. Computer programmer by trade, maybe I'll spot something needed in that area as well... Many years as an aquarist and with a big interest in zoology.
For decency's sake, I plan to update or create pages for Uppsala, Uppland and Uppsala län. I also plan to start an article on runestones, hopefully with images to go with it. Problem is, I keep getting distracted by spotting fun articles to meddle with... I feel like a kitten surrounded by yarn. Other plans I'll keep to myself;-)
Contribution to pages: (ones I wrote the initial version of are bold)
- Famous Swedish people (plus a bunch of stub-ish articles on same people and some not-so-stub-ish)
- History, mainly European before 1000 AD
- Computer, software, artificial intelligence and complex systems
Things I might get done eventually
- Finishing (Haha...) the single origin theory, multiregion origin, Mitochondrial Eve, mitochondrial DNA stuff, adding sources and authors, personalities
- cichlid stuff... Tanganyika and Malawi. Mouthbrooding. Particular feeding habits.
- Öpir, runemaster
- Uppsala, Uppland and Uppsala län, other local things
- seeing about getting illustrations for Prince Valiant
- Mav's page - chock full of shortcuts and stuff
- WikiProject Tree of Life
- I agree to multi-license all my contributions, as described below:
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|